This semester, we will be publishing a book titled Grizzly Tales, Essays, and Poems.
Hopefully you brought home your permission letter. If not, please download and print another. Please make sure you and your parents read the whole letter and fill out all of the form at the end.
Publishing is the final stage of the writing process, and it is important because it gives authors a purpose for writing: sharing their ideas with an audience.
Please read and discuss your story with your parents. Make sure that it is ready for anyone in the world to read, and that you will be proud of it for years to come.
- This publishing assignment is for a grade.
- You may publish any work you choose.
- You and your parents must give permission for publishing.
- Please fill out the entire permission slip — choose a name to be listed with the work.
Needed by Tuesday, 11/25:
- Your story saved to my drive and/or emailed to me.
- Signed permission slip.
- Your story printed (with a title) and attached to the permission slip.
The publishing deadline is Tuesday, November 25, 2008. If you do not meet the deadline, you will have to wait until the spring to publish, and you will have to do a different (in class) publishing assignment.
I would like to have the book ready to order already when we return to class on 12/1. This five day holiday gives me enough time to properly upload it to the printing website, so we can see copies in class before winter break.