Periods 1 & 2:
- Write an alternate ending to The Monkey’s Paw.
- Start your story with this quote:
- “He heard the creaking of the bolt as it came slowly back, and at the same moment, he found the monkey’s paw and frantically breathed his third and last wish” (277).
- From this point, you finish the story! (What happens next?)
- Keep the same characters and theme.
- Graded on 4,3,2,1 scale; Quiz Grade
- Rough Draft – Due before class on Friday, 10/23
- Final Copy – Due end of class Friday
Periods 5 & 6:
- Finish the book as soon as possible — tonight would be great!
- Test review group project in class tomorrow.
- Finish the charts (Dialectical Journals) by Tuesday
- Test on Tuesday