- M: “Still Me” (LoL 376) and “Speech” (LoL 381) — Questions Below
- Tu: “Raymond’s Run” (IR 2)
- W: Grammar Review (Revision & Editing)
- Th: Revision & Editing SFA
- F: “Lesson of the Moth” poem and begin rough draft
Questions for “Still Me” (LoL 376)
1. In the second paragraph on page 376, what feelings does Reeve express?
2. How does Reeve feel during the drive to the hotel?
3. Why do you think Reeve uses the service elevator instead of the main elevator at the hotel? (Infer)
4. On page 378, Reeve says he wishes a genie would make him disappear? Why do you think he wishes that? (Infer)
5. On page 379, what does Reeve mean when he says, “I’d made it”? (Infer)
Questions for “Speech” (LoL 381)
6. Why does Reeve refer to his accident near the beginning of his speech? (Infer)
7. How do you interpret Reeve’s statement that “merely being alive is not enough”?
8. What do you think Reeve means when he says that we “need to raise our expectations”? (Infer)
9. What can you infer from Reeve’s reference to FDR (President Franklin Delano Roosevelt)?
10. What is the main idea of Reeve’s speech?