Here are the instructions for your medicine bag project:
Medicine Bag Project requirements (pdf)
This is due Thursday, 9/9. You must have it ready before you come to class.
- Think of at least three traits that describe you.
(Think: I’m smart, I’m industrious, I’m witty, I’m passionate, I’m …)
- For each trait, think of an object that shows that trait.
(Think: Smart people can solve puzzles, so the trait of “smart” is shown by a puzzle.)
- For each object, write on a note card to explain the object.
(Write: I am a smart person. You can tell because I get good grades. I put a puzzle in my Medicine Bag to represent being smart If you are smart, you can figure out puzzles easily. I also like to solve puzzles, and this one is my favorite. I can solve it in under one minute.)
- To make up a name, think of an animal that is similar to you in some way.
(Think: I am like an cat because they are curious.)
- Think of an activity that animal does that you do also.
(Think: After school, I like to nap on the couch.)
- Put the action (plus “-ing”) together with the animal name, and write it on your bag. (Write: Snoozing Cat.)
- Write on a note card to explain your made-up name.
(Write: I am like a cat because I am curious,
and I also like to nap on the couch like my cat does.)
- Decorate your bag. Be creative. Use color!
- Write your Goodson heading on the bottom of the bag.
- Get a piece of twine to tie your bag shut.