You should be working on your “Moth” short story this weekend. The rough draft should be ready for revision work when you walk in the door on Monday.
This is a major grade paper. The final copy is due Tuesday, 11/6, and it needs to be two pages long. You must turn in a rough draft with revision and editing changes, as well as your final copy.
The theme is “some big risks can lead to a significant positive result.”
Here is the rubric:
- Focus and Coherence – 40 pts.
- Single Focus (a big risk that pays off in a positive way)
- Well developed paragraphs
- Development of Ideas – 20 pts.
- Rough Draft – 30 pts.
- Compose (10), Revise (10), Edit/Proofread (10)
- Grammar and Mechanics – 10 pts.
- CUPS (capitalization, usage, punctuation, spelling)
In the story, the main character must take a risk that pays off for them in the end. It can be fictional or non-fictional, first person or third person point of view. The theme and overall quality of the story are what matters.